This guide will outline the current limitations of the shipping version of Solo PRO and help outline how to use some of the new features. Look for this guide to expand and change rapidly for the first few weeks!
Shipping Version Release Notes
Your new Solo PRO will arrive with version 9.7.0.C2696.G48092d6a0.
This initial version has a few limitations that the now available 9.7.1 (9.7.1.C2702.G302e38514) resolves:
- 4K in H.264 can experience data loss: if a large enough I-Frame is created in 4K in H.264, it can fail to transmit and cause a visual error in the video. HEVC should be unaffected. Now resolved in firmware 9.7.1!
- For the moment 4K is blocked on the new cloud servers outlined below with a fix imminent. Now resolved!
- "Advanced Profile" for Solo PRO is not working as intended yet, so overriding to a 4K resolution can break your stream, and overriding audio bit rate does not work in any scenario resolved!
- While a Solo PRO with the Y cables included with the Solo PRO Belt Pack will technically use all 4 modems, there are several limitations in 9.7.0: you cannot use only the "B" leg of the cable (without using "A"), and the 4 modems are not reflected in the user interface of the unit or the Solo Portal. This will be resolved via 9.7.1 release for Solo PROs coming in a few weeks (see below). Now resolved in firmware 9.7.1!
See the article on the LiveU Net for a note about plugging/unplugging them when using the Y-Cables.
Solo PRO can use any existing Solo LRT Zone (such as US_East_NorthVirginia, etc.) to send RTMP, including up to 4K (see limitation above for a note on 4K support however).
However, for SRT support (and therefore HEVC support), new zones will be deployed.
Over an initial launch timeline, these zones will eventually replace all worldwide zones, but for now both will run in parallel using different versions of the cloud software. Look for sometime in 2023 for the new zones to become the only supported zones.
The new zones will have simplified naming, look for these new zones in the LRT selection dropdown:
|Ireland_Dublin||Canceled and will be replaced with UK_Newport|
9.7.1.C2702.G302e38514 is now available, please open a support case if you need to have your Solo PRO updated to receive this version! Fixes many limitations identified since launch:
- 4K H.264 issues resolved
- Full Y cable support including showing all 4 interfaces in the unit and portal user interface
9.7.1.C2702.G302e38514 is now available, please open a support case if you need to have your Solo PRO updated to receive this version!