It may be necessary to change the starting IP address of the Novatel 730L modem shipped in some Solo Connect kits, to avoid an IP Conflict. This IP Conflict occurs only in some circumstances, so if your Novatel 730L is working well and providing bandwidth, check with support before making these changes.
However, if you find the Verizon modem appears green but does not deliver bandwidth while streaming you may want to try these simple steps.
- Insert the Novatel modem into a Windows PC
- If you are prompted to install anything, follow the installation steps
- Once supported by Windows, open a web browser and navigate to http://my.usb
- This article from Verizon outlines similar steps and may help: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-211889/
- Once at the user interface of the modem, navigate to Settings, Advanced, Local IP address:
- We recommend changing this to 192.168.14.1
- Click save changes
You an now return the Verizon modem to the Solo unit, and reboot the Solo unit.