When you first get your Solo, please follow these steps to get started:
1. Turn the unit on by holding the Power Button for 5 seconds
2. Using the Joystick, press the right arrow to go into the menu, then the down arrow to select Unit Info. On this screen you will be able to find your serial number which is needed in the next step.
3. Next, open any modern web browser and go to http://solo.liveu.tv - From here you will be able to monitor and control your Solo unit.
- If you already have an account, please log in, if not click the 'New User?' section and create your account.
4. Once you have your account created, you will be asked to register your device if you have not already done so.
- On this screen you can enter the serial number of the unit either by getting it from the back of the unit, or in the menu from step 2.
5. With that, your unit is now registered, your portal should look something like this:
6. Now that the portal is setup, let's configure a destination, and start streaming. In the bottom left of the portal, you will see a section labeled Destination, from here, click the gray plus that says Select New Destination
The next screen you see is split into two (2) sections, One-Touch Streaming and Streaming Destinations. The difference between the two categories are the steps you use to configure that destination.
- One-Touch Destination
While each one-touch destination may behave somewhat uniquely, each one is similar in that there is some integration between that destination and the LiveU Solo portal. In many cases, you need only log into the destination in question (for example, Facebook) and then follow the guided steps to create a new live video post. In other cases, you may need to navigate to the destination’s web user interface and find a token or key you paste into LiveU Solo to link your Solo account to the destination site. For help on specific destinations see the Solo Knowledgebase in the LiveU Solo portal.
- Streaming Destinations
Other destinations require a few additional steps to configure – copy and pasting in information such as the ingress URL and the stream key (sometimes called stream name). For each of these types, find this information on the destination service web page, and copy it to the LiveU Solo portal. When you have all the information in place, select Save Destination.
7. You are now ready to go live! It is recommended you always go live from the LiveU Solo Portal. While the unit does have a start button to go live, some services need supplemental services started, such as transcode engines or rendering engines. In these cases, LiveU Solo portal manages those supplemental services for you, but can only do so when you start the stream from the Go Live button inside the portal.